We have seen different kind of CLIL application. We know the different approaches the authors express through their definitions and the huge development of this theory. You can find the CLIL methodology in the BOE, and in the DOGV, and not many theories has this recognition. So, It is important and will be worthy if we learn a lot about how to apply in the schools.
Perhaps this course is not the place and this is not the time, but I have some doubts. Sure that is because it is impossible to deepen in so few days. I will tray to address them.
The Valencian Government said that the society demands
multilingualism in a global world. And is absolutely true. And the best reaction is CLIL. Of
course, the school is the magical place where almost everything must be
taught. And the young people will learn in at least three languages.
CLIL is methodology. When we use L2 to learn content, we obtain an extra result; we learn L2 in a very effectively way. We can join content and language, and we can add the best of other pedagogical theories: scaffolding, self-assessment, rubrics, HOT, LOT, the best practice you can imagine...
But, in my opinion, the most important question is how to educate, how to show values, how to plan the values acquisition. The most important thing is to ensure that a pupil understand what freedom means. Well, freedom is just an example. If you know something, at least you can explain it. You have experienced something about it, and we are talking about hight level language. You need to read not easy works. It is hight level language. Not only in L2 but also in L1.
If we plan immersion programs in L2, the results could be spectaculars: pupils that has develop all their potential, that know how to create whatever you ask for them, even in L2 (or L3) but I am afraid they will not be so confidence if we talk about ideas and values.
I have read something like this. At least you need to know two languages to realise that you have one. I agree. But you need an in-depth knowledge of one of them. And now, I apply CLIL; the best way to learn a language is through content. If you want to develop your own language, you need content in L1.
So I will be much in favour of 30% in L2. We can discuss that, perhaps this ratio could slightly change through the scholarship. But you need content in L1.
Finally, a desire: I would deepen in the relationship between CLIL and Values.
No comments:
Post a Comment