This is a
very difficult question to answer. I
have done the exercise of trying to remember the name and the face of the
teachers I had had and I have realised that I have forgot a lot of them. It is easier with my school teachers, but not
with the teachers at the university, or others programs like masters,
postgraduates or specialisation courses.
Another idea rounding my mind is that I have a large number of
colleagues, whom I have learnt a lot of different things and I include them as
candidates.
I point my
teachers’ practises I have found useful in my professional career. I remember
Carlos Pablos, our physical education teacher at secondary school, because the
distance between the students and the teacher. He was very close. In this way,
I met a colleague, Luis Garcia. He teaches Technology, Arts and History. He always found out pupils problems. To
accompany and support pupils is something necessary nowadays. He helped me a
lot. Luis is also a hard worker. That is another important thing I thanks the
teacher I love the best and I have many examples. A teacher prepare materials,
thing a lot about the way an activity should be developed, and collaborates
with his or her colleagues encouraging common aims. This is an important attitude in my
professional career.
Finishing,
I would like to mention teachers I had that used the blackboard in a very
special way. There were always space enough; they had planned the presentation
on the blackboard and the way they did was perfect. At the end of the class you
looked at the backboard and it was like art works. All of them develop my
visuals skills as a learner. And talking about skills, I really thank those
teachers that in five minutes situated you in the learning processes. They
summarise very efficiently the last lesson, or the unit we were developing. You always knew what were you doing, or the way you will be assessed.
There were a lot of preparations behind these summaries. Finally I would to
mention Isabel Fernández, my teaching math colleague. She represents the way
that authority woks. I learnt that authority is something that pupils hand you
in because they feel they can trust you. And they are confidence that you are
fair and permit you to guide them. Well, Isabel represents this kind of
authority perfectly.
I have
talked about all these people because CLIL include best practise. CLIL
methodology includes the best education performance, and I have commented some the
most valuable experienced I have. But my favourite teacher is Carmen Redondo.
When I was seven, I was taken ill, and I had to rest five months at home. She
came home almost every week and brought me the materials needed to continue
with the course. I even did with her at home the handcrafts my mates had done
for Christmas. This is engagement.
No comments:
Post a Comment