Of course I would like I could access to language courses. In fact I have been looking for some opportunities. I was told about two interesting institutions:
www.pilgrins.co.uk
www.nile-elt.com
We are always learning and improving our languages skills. Here are some interesting CLIL programs. You can improve English through content. Heart it before?
There is another important field I would teach myself. In an virtual world, I would like to learn about experiments in Science, Mathematics,... How to manipulate content. I have experience that many pupils need information in this channel, and these activities motive pupils and add extra value. Is important to know how to use virtual labs, but as an introduction to the real lab. Sometimes the schools do not want problems and activities with a minimum possibility risk are forbidden. So you must look for alternative experiments.
I would like to learn something about graphic illustration. I can found pictures, photos, videos, but I would like to go further. And the last field I would like to improve my skills is methodologies. Here, there are many things changing, and a lot of people want to sell you programs, web applications, electrical devices and that stuff. It is very important to have owns criteria about methodology and the best instruments to its deployment.
There are a lot important reflection about long-life learning, and how to develop it with all the opportunities that we have in our hands. I have learnt a lot reading about PLE. I would talk about MOOCs. Nowadays I am exploring www.futurelearn.com. There are a lot of courses about Education, and language courses are English. This is an opportunity you must take advantage off.
In my opinion, the subject of sharing good practices is the school as a group. I believe in school project as a hole, and individual initiatives has a poorly impact in the knowledge of the group. Here we are, in the community knowledge paradigm. At least in education, I think it works. The best way to share good practice is working in a teachers group.
Information is the problem. We are saturated and we need filters, selection, going to the origin, looking for adding value,... We are talking about PLE.

No comments:
Post a Comment